Pogostemon cablin – India
Our organically crafted patchouli essential oil is steam distilled from the leaves of the patchouli plant cultivated in fields located in the tropical rain forests of India. We love using this essential oil when looking to balance and calm the mind, body, and spirit.
The rich green leaves of the bushy Pogostemom cablin herb create a sweet, peppery, earthy, herbaceous, slightly balsamic essential oil.
Emotionally and energetically, patchouli essential oil can help balance overthinking and worry.
It is uplifting and an exquisite oil to use during times of situational depression and anxiety.
Patchouli essential oil can open the mind and heart, heightening the senses and connecting with one’s sensual inner being.
Use in cosmetology
The refreshing, nourishing, smoothing, and rejuvenating properties of Patchouli essential oil have found use in cosmetology.
It is especially effective for dry skin and skin prone to fading.
Cosmetics which include Patchouli essential oil also eliminate irritation on problem and oily skin.
Patchouli essential oil has an anti-cellulite effect.
Using shampoo or balm with a drop of Patchouli essential oil will relieve you from the appearance of dandruff, excessive oily hair. They will gain vitality, pomp, healthier structure and strength.
As a component of hand creams, Patchouli oil has a beneficial effect on the skin of the hands and nails, it heals and strengthens.
Patchouli oil has an intense and unusual odour. It smells of wood and grass, contains shades of the smells of earth and roots.
The effect of Patchouli essential oil is most fully revealed in the emotional sphere: it calms, relieves anxiety and prevents depressive states, clarifies consciousness.
This oil is aphrodisiac.
Just 2 drops of Patchouli essential oil are enough in an electric aroma diffuser to fill in the room with a peaceful smell.
Patchouli essential oil differs from other oils in that over the years its quality only improves, and the smell becomes deeper, noble and sensual.
It is recognized as the best base note and fixative in natural perfumery.
Patchouli is considered a "masculine" odour. But in perfumery, fragrances based on this essential oil usually belong to the "unisex" category.
Patchouli oil blends perfectly with fresh and equally bright aromatic oils: Lavender, Petitgrain and Blood orange.
But with all turpentine-containing oils, patchouli cannot be mixed - for example, with oils of Juniper berry and Cinnamon Cassia.
In the composition of aromatic compositions and perfumery means patchouli always plays the role of a chypre note - hot, tart, pepper and very warm.
Thanks to Patchouli oil the Oriental accents are introduced into the aroma composition.
It is an ideal oil for flavoring clothes and textiles.
This is a great protect from moths, insects and rodents.
Application and dosage
• When flavoring rooms, Patchouli essential oil is used in lower concentration than other aromatic oils. For an electric aroma diffuser, 3 drops of oil will suffice, and for an aroma medallion, 2 drops.
• To enrich creams and other cosmetics, Patchouli oil is used in a standard dosage: no more than 5 drops per tablespoon (20 grams) of products, reducing proportions only for hair care products (up to 2-3 drops).
• Foot baths with patchouli oil are very effective in combating sweating and unpleasant odor (3-7 drops of aroma oil for one procedure).
• If you want to soak in a fragrant and sensual hot bath, then 5 drops per bath will be enough.
• For aromatic massage, patchouli oil should be softened using base oil (apricot, soybean, jojoba), having prepared the mixture in a dosage of 7:10.
• Patchouli oil can be used for wet cleaning by adding 10 drops of oil per liter of water.
Important: essential oils are highly concentrated vegetable essences, so they require dilution with carrier vegetable oils.
Presentation: Amber glass bottles, self-adhesive dropper with internal cone.
Our products and our website are inspected by SAAV: https://www.fr.ch/de/lsvw
In accordance with the laws of Switzerland, since we are certified as a company selling cosmetic products, we have no right to mention the food quality of our products, as well as their medical properties.
That is why in our product descriptions only its cosmetic properties are mentioned.